We have vets with experience and interest in sheep medicine, surgery and flock management.
We provide a service in many areas including but not limited to:
- Obstetrical work including lambings, caesareans and prolapse treatment
- Diagnosis and treatment of pre and post lambing diseases in ewes including pregnancy toxaemia and nutritional deficiencies
- Diagnosis and treatment of sick sheep on an individual and flock basis
- Advice on parasite control and management
- Pregnancy toxaemia
- Ewe fertility
- Pre-joining examination of rams and ram fertility
- Ram vasectomy for teaser use
- Nutritional advice
Prevention of disease is more effective than cure! We advise that sheep flocks and hobby farmers routinely look at faecal egg counts as a way of determining whether drenching is necessary. We can also use this information to provide advice on pasture management and parasite resistance.
Lamb morbidity and mortality can be a big problem facing sheep flocks and we run a service in conjunction with the DPI to look at causes of lamb disease and death so we can advise you on the best way to prevent it.If you would like any further information then please call us at the clinic.